Friday, September 26, 2014

Ain't Seen the Sun Shine

"I hear that train acomin'. It's rollin' 'round the bend. And I ain't seen the sun shine since... I don't know when."
I'm stuck in my own prison, and time keeps draggin' by.
The train, well I am pretty sure it ran me over, caught me by the bootstrap, and continues to drag me down the line.
Kicking and screaming.
Fighting for a grip.
The train is just too strong.
Railroad ties rip my flesh as I am flailing.
am broken.
am bleeding.
Gravel embedded in my tissue.
My eyelids scrape and catch as I try to flush out the sand and grit with my tears.
Fingertips and palms raw as I feel for a stronghold.
my chest throbs from the weeping, wheezing, and longing for relief.
My heart beats irregularly to the rhythm of the clickety clank.
It would be so easy to just give up hope... If I didn't know that Hope existed.
LL

No comments: